Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Time flies...

So the other day, Miranda had a terrible fit. She completely melted down into a screaming unconsolable child. She gets that from her dad. I had gotten a little extra from my blood account so I told Suzette that I thought that we needed to spend some extra time with her that night. Miranda had been rewarded, during school, with a free dinner from her favorite dining spot, Applebee's, so that was the decided venue. Suzy decided and made a point that someone had to watch the other two, so that should be me to avoid unnecessary expenses and for me to get to know them some more.:) So they went to the restaurant and my little six year old princess refused, even at the insistance of the waiter, to use the crayons. She said, "I'm not interested in that." Wow. I have, several times, forbad her to grow up. She just laughs and says, "Daddy, I have to grow up!" Yeah, she does.

2 comments:

Adam said...

As fun as it to see them do "grown up" things, and speak maturely, it does kind of make you sad, doesn't it? I wish there was a way to keep them this young for just a bit longer.

Very cool story...

pacemaker said...

Keep blogging!! Good job.
I notice every time I see the grandkids how much they change and growing up seems to be a part of that, kind of a bitter sweetness to it all. I see it with my own kids too, growing older, hopefully wiser and all of you working so much harder than anyone should ever have to.