Saturday, July 5, 2008

I am a guy. I like guy things, cars, trucks, bugs and slimy things. Here in Tennessee are some things that they don't have in Utah. I will show them to you.

This is called a pancake turtle by the locals. It's actually called a spiny softshell turtle. The males are only 7-9 inches big. The females, however, are 19-24 inches big and they are fast!!!


These little buggers are called lightening bugs. Yes, they do light up and they are not very fast. Locals claim that if you catch one and squish it, the juice from inside will glow for up to a half an hour. Haven't tried it yet. Don't really want to. They are also Pennsylvania's state insect.
This is a male Cardinal. They're cool. We just don't have them in Utah.

So there you go. I realize that I need to put more on about my family, and I will shortly have a good one y'all!

2 comments:

The Dixon Family! said...

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ....... boring. *cough cough* Yep, boring. Not nearly as cute as your kids or your wife. Really Jeremy.... I know your mom must want to see pics. Get on that.

Adam said...

Not only do we want to see pics of the family, we want to see an updated blog once in a while... C'mon man... It's not like you're out playing golf with Vince Gill or something.

I do like the lightning bugs however. Those were one of my favorite things about NYC